Career Transition Specialist
Do you enjoy working with young adults, thrive in a fast paced environment and appreciate the rewards that comes with success? Then check out the opportunities at the New Hampshire Job Corps Center a federally-funded residential vocational training facility. Our mission is to provide career-based technical and academic training and job placement assistance to low-income youth ages 16-24.
Identifies and develops Center-beneficial partnerships that lead to student benefit and success. Provides transitional support and placement services leading to quality full-time jobs, higher education or advanced training. Ensures strict confidentiality of sensitive information and integrity of student data.
• Follows all integrity guidelines and procedures and ensures no manipulation of student data.
• Ensures Center meets or exceeds DOL/Company performance goals.
• May provide required/supplemental training for new and current employees.
• Oversees, develops, monitors and updates student transition plans to ensure successful outcomes.
• Develops Center-beneficial business and community linkages that provide students with quality and industry relevant employment opportunities.
• Mentors, monitors and models the Career Success Standards as required by the PRH.
• Provides high-quality supervision and management for the student population. Takes swift and appropriate action and positively influences student behavior. Shows respect and courtesy to students and holds them accountable for their actions and behavior.
• Provides quality programs and services for students and ensures that quality is maintained and student needs are met. Pursues improvement and enhancement of programs and services.
• Exchanges ideas and information, both orally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner and contributes meaningfully to group efforts by offering relevant ideas and knowledge. Provides quality and timely information to DOL/Company when requested.
• Effectively articulates thoughts and ideas. Identifies problems, analyzes causes and evaluates appropriate solutions prior to taking or recommending actions. Follows up to ensure prompt/appropriate action is taken and that problems are in fact corrected.
• Works in partnership with staff from all Departments to ensure effective supervision and services are provided to students.
• Accepts direction and supervision from the Center Director/Center Duty Officer/Shift Manager to include assignments to temporarily perform job responsibilities of other departments and positions.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited school or 4 years’ experience working with youth.
• Minimum one year experience in sales, marketing, or counseling related services.
• Must possess a valid in-state Driver’s License and meet the Company insurability requirements.
Salary: $31,000 p/year
Hours: M-F 8am-