Plant Operator for a Co-generation and Central Utility Plant located at
the University of New Hampshire in Durham, NH.
Skills and Experience:
Knowledge of operation, maintenance and repair of steam, power and chilled water systems. Experience with steam boilers and chillers preferred.
• As part of a two man team, operate and monitor a gas fired turbine power
plant to provide electricity, heating hot water and chilled water to campus.
• Operate a gas / #2 fuel boiler plant as a backup.
• Monitor electrical systems.
• Perform preventative maintenance on plant equipment as directed.
• Stand a rotating shift. One week on / one week off.
• Follow written operating procedures. Perform tours, log equipment.
• Physical requirements; climbing stairs and ladders, walking, standing,
and ability to lift 50 pounds.
• Perform work in a safe, continuous and efficient manner while maintaining
environmental and housekeeping standards.
The ideal candidate would possess:
• 2+ years job related work experience
• Good oral and written skills.
• Basic computer skills.
EMCOR Facilities Services (EFS) offers a competitive salary and comprehensive
benefits package and we are always looking for individuals with the talent
and skills required to contribute to out continued growth and success. Equal