Program Manager - Parent Giving
Phillips Exeter Academy
Phillips Exeter Academy, a residential school founded in 1781 by John Phillips, has a tradition of academic excellence, a distinguished faculty, and a long history of educating young people to find their place in the world.
Members of the employee community at Exeter share the Academy's longstanding commitment to excellence – a commitment that has made the school one of the finest in the country. We seek to understand the differences and similarities among us, and to appreciate the richness which diversity provides. We welcome your interest in a career at Exeter.
The Academy is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, marital status, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, national origin, genetic information, or physical or mental disabilities which do not prevent performance of essential job tasks.
Please visit www.exeter.edu/careers for a complete listing of current openings and to apply on-line.
||Oct 19, 2017
||- n/a -
||- n/a -|
||US - New Hampshire - Exeter
||- n/a -
Administrative and Management, Clerical, Secretarial, Administrative, Education, Training, Library Science and Information Media, Sales
SEE BELOW TO APPLY
Phillips Exeter Academy, a co-educational residential school serving students in grades 9 through 12, and post-graduate level, was founded in 1781 by John Phillips. Exeter has a tradition of academic excellence, a distinguished faculty, and a long history of educating young people to find their place in the world. The 671-acre campus with academic and residential buildings, a 309,432 volume library, playing fields and green lawns is located in Exeter, a southern New Hampshire town which retains its 18th-century New England charm. The Academy enrolls more than 1000 students from around the world. Exeter offers a rich curriculum with over 400 courses taught by 210 faculty in eighteen academic departments. The Academy employs approximately 425 staff who support the living, learning and teaching environment of a diverse student body. The Academy's longstanding commitment to excellence has made the school one of the finest in the country. To learn more about Phillips Exeter Academy, visit http://www.exeter.edu/.
Reporting to the Director of Parent Giving, the Program Manager supports the Director and Associate Director of Parent Giving by helping to manage campus programs that support the department’s mission and assisting in all aspects of parent fundraising. In addition to managing a portfolio of parent prospects, other areas of support include parent volunteer recruitment, regional parent giving receptions, phonathons, direct mail and administrative support.
Key responsibilities include:
Fundraising and Development
• Manages a portfolio of parent prospects. Makes personal solicitations, write proposals and appeals, negotiate gifts, steward the prospect relationship, and report on visits and solicitation activities as required.
• Supports the Director and Associate Director on all aspects of parent fundraising, including volunteer recruitment, regional Parent Giving receptions, phonathons, and direct mail for all current parents, parents of alumni/ae and grandparents.
• Supports the Director and Associate Director in developing and implementing strategies for engagement and fund development and identifying new and prospective donors and volunteers.
• Helps the Director and Associate Director in management of The Parents Committee.
• Attends parent related events that support Parent Giving as necessary.
• Helps evaluate and report on past giving and participation data.
• Helps examine progress of current Parent Giving programs and initiatives on a regular basis.
• Provides administrative support for the Director and Associate Director when necessary.
• Travels for Parent Giving receptions, professional development and donor visits when necessary.
• Works with our counterparts in Communications to streamline our fundraising outreach to parents constituents.
Programs & Administrative Responsibilities
• Supports the Director and Associate Director in the following as needed.
• Management of select campus programs that support the department’s mission (e.g. receptions, parent dinners, and Leadership Weekend).
• Management of activities and events.
• Management of budgets of select programs.
• Negotiations with vendors to provide best value for the Academy for services rendered.
• Development and deployment of best practices for campus events.
• Recruitment of volunteers to meet programmatic objectives.
• Building rapport and effectively communicating key messages to parents through visits on and off campus.
• Partnerships with campus stakeholders to support Academy and Departmental missions.
• Stewardship of donors and volunteers.
• Develops proficiency in working with Colleague, AgentSphere, Informer, and i-Modules.
• Any clerical duties that may be needed.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree preferred or equivalent experience in a related field.
• 3+ years’ experience in alumni relations, donor relations, sales and marketing, or related fields.
• Fundraising experience helpful, but not necessary.
• Experience working with adolescents in an educational setting preferred.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with emphasis on writing. Ability to communicate with officers, faculty, administrators and donors. Ability to present complex information in a clear and compelling manner in writing and in person.
• Ability and willingness to travel (by car, air, train or bus) domestically as needed.
• A passion for excellent customer service and commitment to exceptional quality. Ability to coach volunteers in all aspects of project.
• Initiative, resilience and entrepreneurial spirit.
• Strategic high-level thinking coupled with the attention to detail necessary for successful planning and execution.
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to develop and maintain collegial relationships.
• Demonstrated ability to work with students by building trust and credibility.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills as well as a strong customer focus.
• A strict adherence to confidential policies is required.
• Ability to work independently and handle multiple priorities and deadlines simultaneously.
• Proficient in MS Office and social media (Facebook, etc.).
• Willingness and ability to learn additional applications as needed.
• High degree of organizational skills with the ability to be flexible and multi-task with accuracy.
• Ability to follow verbal and written directions, maintain a professional demeanor and restraint at all times, including stressful situations.
• Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusivity and to serving the needs of a diverse and inclusive community with diplomacy and tact.
Submit a cover letter and a current resume, as one document (pdf or MS Word format), to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in the subject line: Program Manager. The successful candidate for this position will be subject to a comprehensive pre-employment background check.
The Academy offers competitive salaries, excellent benefits (health, dental, 9-12% retirement contribution, vacation, free parking, meals & more) and a supportive, collegial environment in a drug- and smoke-free workplace.
The Academy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, marital status, religion, gender, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, national origin, genetic information, or physical or mental disabilities which do not prevent performance of essential job tasks.
The Academy is committed to recruiting, supporting and fostering an equitable, diverse and inclusive community of outstanding faculty, staff and students. Those who share this goal are encouraged to apply.
Due to the volume of responses received for job postings, we are unable to provide individual status updates. All applicants will receive electronic confirmation of application submission and final status. Only those applicants selected by the search committee will be contacted directly. We appreciate your understanding, cooperation and interest in employment at Phillips Exeter Academy.
|Contact Details / Apply for this Job|
Phillips Exeter Academy
Name: Melissa Benoit
State/Province: New Hampshire
Country: United States
Print & Go