Candidates must be currently enrolled in a graduate program in pursuit of a degree in social work, mental health counseling, psychology or related field, with anticipated graduation at completion of the internship. Center for Life Management is seeking candidates who are creative, outgoing and possess excellent writing and interpersonal skills. Ability to be self-directed, motivated and an independent problem solver. Strong planning, multitasking and organizational skills required. Advanced documentation skills and familiarity with utilizing electronic health record preferred. Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel necessary.
Major Functional Areas and Description of Duties
The Community Support Intern will have the opportunity to work as a part of a multidisciplinary team to:
• Provide direct, face-to-face counseling support to work toward goals as outlined in treatment plan,
• Communicate symptoms, behaviors, strategies and interventions to treatment team,
• Provide routine, urgent and emergent clinical support as needed,
• Provide timely documentation on each service delivered,
• Adhere to all federal and state regulatory standards and statues, code of ethics, and represent company in a professional and appropriate manner in the community.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
Manual dexterity is needed to use computers and standard office equipment. The ability to sit for extended periods of time is required. Ability to flex schedule to accommodate needs of clients. A majority of the work will be visiting clients in the community and home. Clients may also travel with staff. A reliable vehicle, clean driving record, and proof of car insurance are required.