Candidates must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program in pursuit of a degree in marketing, communications, non-profit management, social work or related field. Seeking candidates who are creative, outgoing and possess excellent writing and interpersonal skills. Strong planning, multitasking and organizational skills required. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel as well as an understanding of social media platforms (Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, Linked In) is necessary.
Major Functional Areas and Description of Duties
The Marketing Intern will have the opportunity to work as a part of a team on a variety of tasks and projects including:
• Maintaining social media campaigns and profiles
• Social list building, tracking and monitoring
• Creating and tracking email marketing campaigns
• Researching and scheduling resources for annual fundraiser
• Eliciting and handling charity donation requests
• Updating email marketing lists
• Completing light office work as needed
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
Manual dexterity is needed to use computers and standard office equipment. The ability to sit for extended periods of time is required. A clean driving record and access to a vehicle, as driving in the community may be required of the position.