Candidates must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate program in pursuit of a degree in social work, mental health counseling or related field. Center for Life Management is seeking candidates who are highly motivated, outgoing and possess excellent writing and interpersonal skills. Ability to be self-directed and problem solve independently. Communicate effectively and work cohesively with professionals across multiple disciplines, inside and outside of the company. Strong planning, multitasking and organizational skills required. Familiarity with utilizing electronic health record preferred. Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel necessary.
Major Functional Areas and Description of Duties
The Benefits Specialist Intern will have the opportunity to work as a part of a multidisciplinary team to:
• Learn the ins and outs of NH and federal benefits, attend Benefit Specialist and other required State meetings,
• Educate families on any/all pertinent benefits systems,
• Deliver over the phone and direct, face-to-face case management support to adults
• Assist clients with gathering, applying and submitting Medicaid applications and establishing NH Easy accounts,
• Acting as a liaison to DHHS to advocate, research resources, monitor status of application and coordinate monthly appointments with DHHS,
• Support crisis management, organize medical services and emergency services as needed,
• Provide timely documentation on each service delivered,
• Adhere to all federal and state regulatory standards and statues, code of ethics, and represent company in a professional and appropriate manner in the community.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
Manual dexterity is needed to use computers and standard office equipment. The ability to sit for extended periods of time is required. A reliable vehicle to be able to work in different CLM office locations.