The Allenstown, NH Police Department is seeking a hardworking and intelligent individual to join our team and be involved in a progressive and community oriented police department. Candidates should possess good writing and oral communication skills, like to work with people to solve community problems, be a highly motivated self-starter, be willing to learn, and be a strong team player.
The candidate selected will perform patrol duties such as traffic control, motor vehicle law enforcement, criminal investigations, crime prevention and community involvement assignments. The Department is looking for an individual that can provide the highest quality of safety services, while maintaining the highest degree of courtesy and professionalism, assuring fair and equal treatment for all.
CERTIFIED OFFICERS ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
• 10 paid holidays
• Vacation, Sick, and Disability Leave
• A Salary Range between $42,585 - $53,238.64,
Salary Range is based on a ten step progression to top salary.
• Insurance: The core program includes family health and dental insurance, a short - and long-term disability program, and a term life insurance at a rate equal to annual salary (rounded to the nearest thousand).
• Retirement: New Hampshire law requires municipal employees to enroll in New Hampshire's State Retirement System. Employees may defer additional salary through payroll deduction for investment program managed by Nationwide.
The hiring process consists of:
• Physical Ability Screen
• Oral Board Interview
• Medical/Psychological Screen
• Drug Screen
• Polygraph Interview
• Thorough Background Check
• Unquestionable Integrity
• Valid Driver's License
• US Citizenship (PSTC Requirement)
• High School Diploma or GED
• 21 years old at time of appointment
Resume and cover letter should be submitted with an application which can be printed from www.allenstownnh.gov or picked up at 40 Allenstown Rd, Allenstown NH. They must be received by 5 pm on Weds., February 10, 2021. EOE